Stay updated! Text "Y" or "Yes" to 67587 to make sure you get important weather and safety notices. Click here for more information.
Classes start on Thursday, Aug. 18! Make sure you’re ready for a great start to the year by visiting www.tulsaschools.org/backtoschool!
Summer Cafe ends Friday to allow time for our team to prepare for the new school year! There are also some changes to meal site locations this week. Find updated meal-sites at www.tulsaschools.org/mealsites.
Did you know your student has access to free breakfast and lunch this school year? During the school year, you will find information about menus, nutrition, and allergens at www.TulsaSchools.org/meals.
Want free meals? We are encouraging families to complete a Free/Reduced Price Meal application for their student. Students who qualify will receive meals free of charge or for a discounted price. Families who do not fill out an application will have to pay full price for meals. The Free/Reduced Price Meal application is confidential and can be completed online at www.TulsaSchools.org/FreeMeals. The deadline to apply is September 30.
Parent Resource Center update! The Tulsa Public Schools Parent Resource Center now offers the following services:
- Emergency Infant Services
- Student enrollment support
- Technology assistance for students
- Computer lab for parents and families
- Financial counseling services
Call 918-746-9665 for more information or visit www.TulsaSchools.org/PRC!
Calendar of events:
- Friday, August 5 to Sunday, August 7: Tax Free Weekend! Oklahoma back to school tax exempt items include clothing and shoes that are less than $100 per item.
- Saturday, August 6 from 10am to 2pm: Parent Resource Center Back to School Bash at the Parent Resource Center (525 E. 46th St. N.). Families can also receive their back to school immunizations by signing up at www.TulsaSchools.org/PRCbash.
- Monday, August 8 by 5pm: Absentee ballot request deadline for the Oklahoma primary run-off election on August 23. Visit the OK Voter Portal to learn more.
- Tuesday, August 9 from 11am to 1pm: Receive breakfast (x5) and lunch (x5) meals free of charge at six sites across the district.
- Saturday, August 13 from 9am to 12pm: Tulsa Public Schools and Coalition of Hispanic Organizations’ Back to School Community Resource Fair at Tulsa Tech Lemley Memorial Campus (3350 S. Memorial Dr.).
- Monday, August 15 from 3:30pm-6pm: North Tulsa Economic Development Initiative (NTEDi)'s Back to School Parent Community Enrichment Extravaganza at Tulsa Technology Center (3850 N. Peoria Ave.).
Seen around our district:
- Disney Elementary students visited the Gathering Place Boathouse to see the Photo Ark exhibit and got to pet some cool animals during Ready. Set. Summer!
- Students at Bell Elementary had the opportunity to participate in enrichment activities like photography, yoga, art, STEM, and theater during Ready. Set. Summer!
- Despite the heat, McLain and Monroe are bringing enrollment events to north Tulsa
- Fab Lab Tulsa to showcase Green Power Racing program with 2 demonstration races
Thanks to federal recovery funds, we were able to invest in air quality improvements in our buildings, Ready. Set. Summer! programming, and enrichment programs to address learning loss. Learn more about ESSER (federal recovery) funding here.
Tulsa Public Schools students lead through literacy, are empowered through experience, and contribute to their community. We honor the diversity, creativity, and passion of our students, elevating every student to be designers of their destiny. Learn more about Pathways to Opportunity, our plan for the next five years.